September 6, 2010

Normal service resuming,

I have to admit to being a bad blogger lately, posts have been few and far between.  Normal service will start to resume now that the school holidays are over.  Lucy and Luke returned to school last Wednesday, although Luke was delayed until Thursday due to the building work on his classroom not quite being finished.  It is now, and the classroom looks great.  It's open plan, with all the year 1 and 2 children in one huge room together.

Now that school is back, we also return to the year long struggle I had with getting Luke dressed in his uniform every morning.  My son does not like doing anything he doesn't want to do, and he's very stubborn.  Every morning, he does his utmost best to avoid it and absolutely detests socks.  One thing he also doesn't like is the polo shirts he has to wear for school, those ones with short sleeves with a collar and buttons at the neck.  So there I was, all proud of myself after hunting, and finally finding some round neck, long sleeved t-shirts in red (their uniform is red and grey), until on Friday, day two of school, he comes home sporting this on one of the sleeves...


He has spent all day nibbling and chewing on the sleeve like a little hamster!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

6 comments:

willywagtail said...

Wow! He isn't a happy chappy is he. Have you tried a reward system for getting a wehole week with no problems?

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh what a little cheeky monkey, clever too really when you think about it. My son hides shirts if I get them and he doesn't like them, he is also a nightmare to buy clothes for.

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

My daughters used to chew anything that dangled from their clothes, eventually I got so fed up I carried a pair of scissors with me everywhere and would cut off the soggy, chewed ribbon, tie, whatever, and make them take it to a bin! Shame the clothes were spoiled for hand-me- down, but it didn't take many embarrassing occasions until they stopped!!!
Good luck with Luke :-)
Benta

K said...

My daughter did that once in kindergarten - she chewed the collar of her coat! I was so cross with her it never happened again. She didn't know why she did it. I had to sew on an aplique to hide the hole.
He probably wouldn't be imbarassed if you patched the holes up really clumsily? (You would be, I'm guess, as I would be, but to teach a point.)

H said...

it makes me realise what my mother had to put up with! I'm guessing that's beyond a patchwork job?!

competitivemum said...

When I was 7 my mum would not let me have the sandals I wanted (red patent kitten heels) and instead bought horrible brown Clarks which I promptly left in the middle of Richmond park on purpose! Im obviously team Luke.